Italy is one of the most popular destinations for people around the globe. With its ancient architecture and beautiful beaches there is something so charming and earthy about the place that you cannot have enough of it. There is so much to see that you will be confused as what you should cover in your trip. Well here is a list of top spots which you should not miss while there:
1. Rome: You will be spoilt for choices there. You defiantly will need to spend a lot of time there to cover all the places. It is one of the most beautiful cities where old antiquities combine with modern shopping and restaurants to offer an eclectic mix to tourists. Some the notable places are:
a) Museums: Rome has many famous museums like Vatican museums and Villa Borghese which houses most exquisite collection for art masterpieces made by the best of Italian masters from the Renaissance period.
b) Pizzas and fountains: Rome has splendid piazzas and sparkling fountains which give a ethereal beauty to Rome. Piazza Navona, Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps are some of the most notable ones.
c) Ancient Rome: Be prepared to be truly mesmerized by Ancient Rome. Its a trip of history you cannot think of missing. The Colosseum, Palatine Hills, Capitoline Hills and Imperial Forums contain relics of the Roman Empires.
d) Vatican City: It is situated in the middle of Rome but its a country of its own.
2) Florence: Florence is one of the most beautiful city in Italy and it is the birthplace of renaissance .Its artistic splendor will leave your speechless and spellbound. Because of its historical importance it was marked as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1982. Some the most famous places are Santa Maria del Fiore, Fountain of Neptune, River Arno, River Arno, The church of San Lorenzo.
3) Venice: It is a city of love. It is a place to go to with your partner. You just can't take the romance out of Venice. Cover the Grand Canal in vaporetto, St Mark’s Square, St Mark’s Square, Rialto and be totally enchanted by the place.
4) Sicily: Though Sicily gained notoriety for its mafia but you will find a rich mix of various cultures, languages and cuisine here. Necropolis of Pantalica and the Valley of the Temples are some the ancient sites present here.
5) Tuscany: You will be transported to a magical ancient world in Tuscany. You can see San Gimignano, Lucca and Cortona and be witness to 14 and 15 centaury arts.
6) Verona: It is the city made famous by tragic love story of Romeo and Juliet. Roam around the localities mentioned in the story see House of Juliet and its famed balcony followed by a visit to House of Romeo. But there is so much more to see in this artistic city then just Romeo and Juliet. This is another city in Italy which has been awarded world heritage site status by UNESCO.
Excellent guided tour of some of the most famous..