Thanks to Hollywood, America is not unknown to most of us. Most of us keep hoping to visit America once in our lifetime. So if your wish is about to come true here are some of the places you can look forward to seeing there:
1. Statue of Liberty National Monument: Statue of liberty has become synonymous for America. Designed by Frédéric Bartholdi, it was a gift given to America by people of France on October 28, 1886. Since it is a popular tourist destination thousands of people flock it daily, so book early for a memorable visit to the statue and its museum.
2. Empire State Building: Standing 1,250 ft tall, the Empire State Building is the tallest building in New York and derives its name from the nickname of New York, The Empire State. It had the envious honor of being world's tallest building for 40 years from 1931 to 1972.
3. Niagara Falls: Cutting across geographical boundaries, this majestic waterfall is situated between Ontario, Canada and New York, USA. The best way to visit Niagara Falls is through Maid of the Mist boat cruise.
4. Grand Canyon: Situated in state of Arizona, lies a 2 billion years old chasm where you can witness a natural beauty which has no parallel. Grand Canyon's multi-colored rock walls and sandy slopes play with sun's natural light to create an awesome spectacle which will leave you mesmerized.
5. Hollywood sign: A single word spread over a area of 45-foot-tall and 350-foot-long in Mount Lee, Santa Monica Mountains, in Los Angeles, California has been a symbol of Hollywood dreams and aspirations to many over generations.
6. Disneyland Park: A dream comes true for every kid on the planet. It is like a magical land where parents and kids can have loads of fun. It is world's most visited theme park.
7. Golden Gate Bridge: Golden Gate Bridge is well known as one of the most beautiful bridges attracting over 9 million visitors annually. This bridge is situated in San Francisco, California and connects the northern tip of the San Francisco Peninsula to Marin County and is one of the most photographed bridges over the world.
8. Gateway Arch: Situated in St.Louis, this is a architecture marvel. It is the largest structure designed as flattened catenary arch. Another specification worth noting about the arch is that both the height and width of the arch is 630 feet.
9. Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex: If you are going to travel to Orlando, do not miss a trip to Kennedy Space Centre. Get a feel of outer space by looking into big rockets, visiting launch areas and get an account of what it’s like being an astronaut by meeting a veteran astronaut.
10. The mall of America: While in America, how can you forget shopping? With over 40 million visitors it is most visited mall in whole world.
11. US Capitol Building: With a classical Greek design complete with central dome and grand staircases with will surely be a pleasure to watch. You can also see statues of various famous political figures and artists.
12. The While House: Though you cannot enter the famed residence of President of United States, still it is worth a look from far. For best view of the building try Lafayette Park from the front or the Ellipse behind the White house.
13. Mount Rushmore National Memorial: It is a sculpture which has become a symbol of USA. Carved out of granite are the heads of former Presidents of United states -George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Theodore Roosevelt and Abraham Lincoln.
14. Times Square: Times Square is situated in New York and attracts millions of tourist every year and is centre of large social gatherings. Times Square is famous for the annual ball drop on New Year's Eve. It is always bustling with energy and cacophony of tourists.
15. Las Vegas: Las Vegas is just a place to just have a nice time and unwind. Apart from numerous casinos you are sure to have a great time driving through the city and enjoying Vegas architectural beauty.